August 4, 2010

Growing up...

So for some reason, I really feel like we've "grown up" a lot this summer.  It's hard to explain, but I said it to Luke earlier today and he said "I know what you mean..."  I'm sure much of it has to do with Whit being around to keep us productive this summer.  Also, we're both teaching lessons, so we have been forced to keep the house in order.  It feels good though.  Regardless of what is pushing us in this direction, it's one I am enjoying and excited about.  I feel much more disciplined and driven than ever, and have found some great outlets for myself this summer...running, singing, business...Luke continues to find new things to learn and ways to hone his musical skills.  It's exciting to me that even with the addition of a son, full-time jobs (9 months of the year) and a crazy daschund we are still motivated to be better.  We have become more involved in our church in the last few months, and I know that has had a positive impact on our lives.  I am convinced that we are doing something right because while this summer has been so wonderful and full of great moments, it has also brought some difficulty and criticism from various directions.  I would be lying if I said it didn't bother me-it certainly isn't fun to hear and I am still working on letting it go and placing my hurt at the feet of my Father so that healing can happen.  However, I feel like God has shown me to act justly, love mercy, and walk humbly through the crossfire...I trust in His faithfulness and pray that our response to this negativity will honor Him.  I know that any time growing occurs, there is pain.  Just hoping today that the end is in sight and we can move on to a new challenge.

1 comment: