October 25, 2012

New Beginnings

Tomorrow marks the start of our "normal" life. If there is such a thing. Tomorrow my maternity leave with Everly is over and I have to return to work. Return to thinking about my students...all 300 of them...directing shows full time, teaching lessons. I love these things, and I wouldn't be who I am today without teachers who gave me these opportunities, but I am so struggling to know how I am going to manage it all. I think I will "manage" by knowing there will be days where things do not get done-at home or at school. The house will not always look as nice as it has the last few weeks (I have energy to clean and do dishes most days!). The laundry will not always be done. I will not always have a tasty meal ready for dinner-which just reminded me to add frozen pizza to my grocery list! However, I am determined to be patient with my kids-both at home and at school. I am determined to be a loving and supportive wife. I am determined to present-when I am at school, I will work; when I am at home, I will be there for my family. And-I am determined to take time for God and for myself. As I look back at my happiest seasons of life, I was reading scripture and savoring time with Christ. I was running regularly and working hard to achieve a half marathon. I was so full from these things and therefore able to GIVE so much more! I know I will fail lots of times, but I want to try! I want so desperately to ENJOY life and recognize the BLESSINGS, give thanks to GOD and feel like I have done all I can. Tomorrow starts new beginnings for our family! We'll see how it goes:)

No comments:

Post a Comment